Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Summer Craft & Home Goods Haul

Hey cupcakes! I have been trying to save my money recently, but I (of course) have to buy a few things here and there. I haven't been purchasing much clothing or makeup lately, so I wanted to share my recent craft and home goods that I have bought. Let's get into the haul! :)

1. Recollections Unicorn and Rainbow Paper Straws ~$3 (Michaels)


I usually hit up Michaels once every week or two weeks (just to check out sales and such), and I saw these straws during one of my visits. I thought they were super duper cute, but I wasn't willing to pay $10 for them because I don't really have a use for them currently. However, the next time I went they were 70% off (!!!!), so I just had to buy them for $3. I will probably display them in my apartment's kitchen during my internship next summer :D

2. Donut Cards ~$1 (Michaels)


There is literally less then a month until I have to go back to school :( I dread this time not because I don't like school (I actually LOVE school and college!) but because my boyfriend and I have to do long distance while I am away. I don't really have any cute cards to send him when I write, so I found these on clearance and just had to get them!

3. Ice Cream Cards ~$0.45 (Michaels)


Again, I plan on sending these to my boyfriend and family members when I am away at school (and can we talk about how cheap these were!?! I found them in a random aisle misplaced and couldn't find the rest of them to buy more...Dang.).

4. Recollections Summer Page Flags ~$1.50 (orginal price: $3) (Michaels)


These were kind of an impulse buy at one of my trips to Michaels, but I had a 50% off a regular item so I HAD to find something (DUH!). I really liked the pineapple page flags and even though the light blue and pink kind of reminded me of a baby shower theme, I thought I would get them anyway to use in my bullet journal.

5. Dinosaur Salt and Pepper Shakers ~$6 ($3 each) (Target)

Image result for target dino salt and pepper shaker
Purchase them here
I am obsessed with dinosaurs (haha if you have been following The Chic Cupcake for some time you should know this :P ), so I just had to buy these at Target. I plan on using these in my apartment next summer (just like the straws), and I can't wait!

6. Chocolate Tea ~$1.30 ($0.65 each)


I was in a random food market a couple of weeks ago, and it had lots of tea bags that you could buy just one of. Since I love love love trying new foods/drinks, I thought it would be super interesting to try chocolate tea (because WHAT THAT IS A THING?!). If anyone wants me to do a review on these, I would gladly do a post... Let me know in the comments!

7. Amazon Echo Dot

Image result for amazon echo dot

I was actually gifted this from a friend, but I thought I would include it anyway. I think this is pretty cool, and Alexa can literally answer everything! I mostly find this useful for knowing the weather and asking random trivia questions, but there are so many great uses. It makes a great gift! :)

What have you purchased recently? Comment below and don't forget to follow The Chic Cupcake! :D

Love,
Jenna <3

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the blog visit. I am now following you. I enjoyed this post. I have both a Dot and an Echo and love them both. The Dot I bought to use mostly for music because it is hidden in the main living area. The Echo is in the bedroom. I love that it plays my Audible books, sleep sounds, and offers meditations for relaxation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow! :) I have never used my Echo for meditation, but I need to try that ASAP!
      -Jenna <3

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Shannon! I thought they would be the perfect thing to send in the mail :)
      -Jenna

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting on The Chic Cupcake! I love to hear what you have to say. Follow me, and I will follow you back! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...